SnowbirdsNews.ca: Cross Border Car Accidents are complicated. We have listed quite a few excellent personal injury lawyers and attorneys across the US and Canada whom we would consider hiring if we were involved in a serious accident. The lawyers have not paid in any way, shape, or form, for this recommendation nor to be on this site.
They are Cross Border Approved.
No on knows when something bad is going to happen. Unfortunately when the unthinkable happens to you or a loved one – Making sure you hire the right lawyer is a ”must”. Here are few considerations you should consider when researching and evaluating a personal injury lawyer. We invite you to discuss these aspects with any lawyer you decide to use if involved in a serious accident:
- Evaluate their experience. Believe it or not – older is usually better. Insurers pay attention to experienced battle hardened Plaintiff’s counsel.
- Ensure yourself that they have a strong track record of success and have actually done trials. Are they prepared to fight for you!
- Pay attention to how they engage with you. Are they personable? Are they affable? Personality goes along way in amicably resolving your case.
- Understand their payment model – there are fees and then there are fees. Most lawyers are paid by way of a contingency fee model.
- Consider what additional resources they offer. For example, can the Lawyer afford to fight the insurance company? Can they help you when contractual disputes arise when claiming Person Insurance Payments and/or Statutory Accident Benefits? Are you being asked for any fees or upfront $?
Better yet, if you are unsure as to what to do- give us a free call to help you make this very important decision.