Personal Injury Lawyers In Indiana - Canadians Involved in Indiana Car Accidents

Indiana is in the Midwest of the United States and full of history. All corners of the state offer plenty to do, for both families and adults. The capital city, Indianapolis, along with Fort Wayne, Bloomington and Lafayette are all big tourist cities.

Check out:

Once a year, in May, the Indianapolis 500 takes place. Any other time of the year you can visit the on-site museum to celebrate and learn about the track’s history. Additionally, there are several educational museums across the state, such as the WonderLab Science Museum, the Studebaker National Museum, the Snite Museum of Art, and more.

Unfortunately, while adventuring some snowbirds will be injured in a car accident in Indiana and will need to consult with a personal injury lawyer.

What Should You Do If You’re Involved in An Accident In Indiana

Your top priority is always the health and safety of you and your family. Be sure to seek out medical attention immediately.

  • Make sure the police are contacted.
  • If possible, take a picture of the other driver’s licence and insurance, and a picture of the licence plate.
  • Call your insurance company and report the accident.
  • Contact the Snowbird Helpline as soon as possible for advice.

Need help with any legal issues?

Indiana Car Accidents

Indiana follows a “fault” system for car accidents. This means that the driver who caused the car accident is financially responsible for any damages or injuries that result. If you are found to be at fault for a car accident, your car insurance will cover the damages or injuries that you caused. If you are not at fault, you may be able to recover damages from the other driver.

If you wish to sue for damages, you will need to file a personal injury lawsuit. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Indiana is two (2) years from the date of the accident. This means that you have two (2) years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit for injuries sustained from the accident. If you do not file a lawsuit within this time period, you will most likely be barred from suing for damages related to the accident.

In Indiana, car insurance is required, and the minimum coverage limits are as follows:

  • $25,000 for injury or death of one person in an accident
  • $50,000 for injury or death of two or more people in an accident
  • $10,000 for property damage in an accident

Cross-border car accidents are very complicated.  Each state and province has different rules that apply to car accidents. That’s where Snowbird Accidents comes in!

If You’ve Been Hurt, Snowbird Accidents Can Help!

Since 1981, Snowbird Accidents has been helping seriously injured motorists in both Canada and the US get the treatment and care they need to recover from their injuries and receive compensation for their losses.

We understand it is not only the injured party that may require assistance, but oftentimes loved ones who face significant challenges in trying to help the accident victim.

At Snowbird Accidents we arrange for you to speak to some of the best personal injury lawyers in Indiana, who are familiar with cross-border accidents. They also work collaboratively with other lawyers and attorneys in various jurisdictions to protect your legal rights and remedies. 

Contact The Snowbird Helpline Today!