Best Personal Injury Attorney Florida – Cross Border Car Accidents in Florida,
Florida is the number one preferred destination for Snowbirds. Whether heading to Disney World or the beautiful sandy beaches, cold chilly northern residents flock to the state to hibernate the winter away.
Florida is viewed as great state to retire to, visit, and if you have a Florida residence – having friends and family visit. Who does not like Disney World. As a fact it is the number one destination for tourists across the world. In addition, Wellington and Ocala are looked on as the premier winter equestrian destinations for dressage, jumpers, and hunters. Lets not leave out it is the home to more sports franchises, training facilities, and championship teams in all of North America.
So where do Snowbird go in Florida?
- Florida absorbs an estimated 2 million seasonal Snowbirds from across North America who stay a month or more every winter. Snowbirds’ raise the state’s population by 6%.
- About 200,000 snowbirds flock to Palm Beach County, raising the population by 11%.
- Roosting snowbirds boost the population of Jupiter (a city in West Palm) by an estimated 17%; Delray Beach by 14%; Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens by 11%; and, The Town of Palm Beach’s population soars by an extra 75%. (Courtesy of the Palm Beach Post – 2017)
- Snowbirds’ are relatively wealthy and well insured.
- Florida is the ONLY mainland State reliably not freezing in January.
- It is estimated Canadians make up the majority of Snowbirds with close to 1,000,000 flocking to the sunshine state every year.
Canadian car accidents in Florida – Florida is a leading car accident state.
- Florida has the most uninsured drivers than any other state in the Union.
- According to figures from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, more accidents occur during Florida’s winter months than any other time of the year. This directly correlates with Snowbird migration, i.e. November 26th to March 31.
- Florida experiences the highest number of accidents in December, January and February.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration notes I-95 and I-75 in Florida are two of the most dangerous highways in the United States.
The majority of Florida’s car accidents happen in the following cities:
- Fort Lauderdale
- Tampa Bay
- Cape Corral
- West Palm Beach
- Panama City
- Fort Myers
Florida (has minimum) Car Insurance Requirements:
Courtesy of Geico
Canadian car accident in Florida: If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident (section 95.11(3)(a)), you have four years, to file a lawsuit for compensation. If you do not bring an action within the prescribed time you will be barred from doing so.
Florida is a “no–fault” state. That means, in the event of a car accident, you look to your own auto insurance policy to make a claim for medical expenses, regardless of fault.
In Florida you can only sue the at fault driver for personal injury compensation if you pass its “Threshold”. You must be suffering from a “Permanent”, or “Serious Impairment”, or, “Disfigurement” in order to bring an action.
Sound complicated? It is, especially if you normally reside outside of florida and injured by a Florida driver who only has minimal car insurance Snowbirds involved in a car accident outside of their home state or province can find “accident litigation” quite intimidating.
Thats where Snowbirdaccidents.com comes in. For over 35 years we have been helping seriously injured snowbirds get the medical treatment and care they are entitled to. Being fairly complicated is a must.
Cross Border Car Accidents are complicated. We arrange for you to speak to some of the best Personal Injury Attorneys in Florida. Our personal injury attorneys specialize in Canadians in car accidents in Florida, and USA residents from different jurisdictions. Our members work collaboratively with other lawyers and attorneys in various states and provinces to protect you and your family’s legal rights and remedies.
For a free consultation
For immediate help in Orlando and its surrounding areas, speak to legal counsel directly
The Cerasa Law Firm is consistently rated as one of Central Florida’s best firms for accident and injury law. It’s all they do. The firm’s sole mission is to level the playing field and ensure their clients are treated fairly. Cerasa Law strives to develop a close and trusting relationship with each and every client. They work collaboratively with Canadian Counsel to make sure that those complicated cross border claims are properly represented.